Yesterday we were sitting in the chapel waiting for sacrament meeting to start. I noticed that the entire front row of the stand was filled. Our bishop and three councilors (that's right three), the stake president and his two councilors, our stake high council man, and a man I didn't recognize. Wow. I pointed this out to Barry wondering if I had forgotten a ward conference or something. No. So my guess was a new bishop. Of course I was right.
Our new Bishop is Bishop Prestwich who used to be our high council man.
The first thing I noticed about Bishop Robinson when we moved to our ward is how "smiley" he is. Every week he was on the stand smiling, always smiling.
Sammy spent the meeting with very red eyes. Bishop Robinson sometimes went to thier YW meetings. One of the things that Sammy especially enjoyed was BYD, Bishop's Youth Devotional. About once a month the bishop invited the youth to his home for a devotional and treats. Sam never missed. I asked her why she was so upset about bishop Robinson being released. It's a part of being LDS; peoples callings change all the time. Her response was that usually when people are released you still see them all the time. But Bishop Robinson wasn't a member of our ward, but rather a neighboring ward. So I said she should send him a face book invitation so she can chat with him.
Sammy when you read this you should post a list of things you like about Bishop Robinson or some things you remember about him.
Differentiation Reading Response
16 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment