Yesterday the kids and I were home. I slept in and woke up smelling something cooking. A few minutes later Steve popped his head in my room to see if I was awake. When he saw that I was he told me the girls required me to stay in bed till they had finished their surprise. Several minutes later they stampeded up the stairs, Emily belting out "Hail to the chief." They had made me breakfast in bed to celebrate the inauguration. Sam protested. She had just wanted to do something nice for me. She's more focused on how long I'll let her hang out on face book than whether or not she'll get to watch the inauguration. So Emily got her "Celebration," Sam got to make crepes, and I got to clean the kitchen.
Emily has been listening to Martin Luther King's I have a dream speech and one of Barack Obama's speeches on her mp3 player all week end. She wore her Obama button and hat today. She took popcorn and soda for her class so they could celebrate while they watched the inauguration.
Differentiation Reading Response
16 years ago



2 comments:
I have been waiting anxiously for an inauguration post from the Wrights! I have been thinking about how excited Emily must be. I love that she was listening to speeches on her mp3 player. How fun to have a celebratory (or not) breakfast!
That's so cute your kids were interested in the inaguration! That's great!
Post a Comment