Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Treasures

Today when Steve and I were walking to school there was a bent up, flatned, mess kit fork in the cross walk at State Street and 800 S. I noticed it and was suprised that Steve just walked on by. But then he stopped, turned around and went back. He picked it up and said, "I can't believe it! I'm finding treasures almost every day. Now I have a mutated fork AND a mutated dime. I'm going to buy a case for them and in thirty years, when I'm fourty-one, I'll say, 'I found these in 2009, in my birthday month. And they were in the same condition then that they are now.' "
He was immitating the mannerisms of a storry teller we heard at the storytelling festival, and he hit him right on. The words were all his but the voice was Bil Lepp.

No comments: