Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July

We went to the freedom festival in Provo hoping for a carnival but only saw vendors and concessions. We enjoyed looking at the booths and saw some interesting things like henna body art. The kids waited in line for about thirty minutes to jump on a trampoline hooked up to bungee cords. Each turn was two minutes. Sam's turn was first and by the end of her turn she was brave enough to do a flip. I was mad at myself for forgetting my camera. Her look of surprise and fright was memorable. Emily told the operator not to let her bounce so high and Steve was just as timid. The operator said I had raised a bunch of chickens. They were so funny how blustery they were before their turn and how timid during. I'm sure it's my fault because I would never get on one of those things.

We went to my brother's house that night for fire works. He had a giant stock of all kinds of things. I must be getting old because the fireworks aren't very exciting to me--I'd rather watch the kids (maybe it's just that I don't have the male pyro gene). My nephew is especially fun, being a toddler. Again--I forgot my camera. Double sorry to the grandparents.

Sam is at girls camp this week so hopefully when she gets home she'll have some fun photos for you.

No comments: