Thursday, July 10, 2008

Good Qualities in a Leader

By Emily Wright
The three most important qualities of a leader are integrity, perseverance, and hard work. Most important is integrity. Integrity is important because it enables us to do what we know is right no matter how difficult it may seem. Second most important is perseverance. Perseverance is important because it helps you stay strong and keep on going especially when everyone says you can’t or shouldn’t. Third most important is hard work. Hard work is important because you can’t have a good leader if they’re unwilling or to busy to work hard and do their job. There are many great qualities a good leader should have but the three most important are integrity, perseverance, and hard work.

Sandra Day O’Conner exemplified the three most important qualities in a leader. First she exemplified integrity. She exemplified integrity as a Supreme Court justice by understanding how each decision she made would affect the lives of people everywhere. Second she exemplified perseverance. She exemplified perseverance as a young woman by not giving up even though no one would give her a job just because she was a woman. Third she exemplified hard work by doing her job as Supreme Court justice, helping and organizing many community projects and at the same time raising a family. Sandra Day O’Conner exemplified many good qualities in a leader but most importantly she exemplified integrity, perseverance, and hard work.

I try to exemplify the three most important qualities in a leader. First I try to exemplify integrity. I try to be nice to the people everyone makes fun of because they have trouble fitting in. This is sometimes hard because if you are nice to the “weird” kids people aren’t as nice to you as they used to be, but I do it because it is the right thing. Second I try to exemplify perseverance. I try to exemplify perseverance by running for “Scholar Council” even though I’ve lost a lot and by doing my best to be able to go to the JrNYLC even though my dad says we can’t afford it and not to get too exited. I try to exemplify hard work by doing my best on tests, by working hard to do my best on homework, by practicing the piano every day, and by trying to do my share of the chores at home. I strive to make the qualities, integrity, perseverance, and hard work, a part of my character like Sandra Day O’Conner made them a part of hers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily great essay! I am so impressed with your writing abilities and your insights on your topic.

Rebecka said...

Thanks Uncle Mike!
Love Emily

Rebecka said...

Mike how did you make your comment say uncle mike when your profile says michael?

Anonymous said...

I would love to share that with you Rebecka, but it is a trade secret. Kidding, I am not really sure, I think there was a profile questions that asked how you wanted to appear in posts and what not.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, there is a space called screen name that I put in the uncle mike.