skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I hate being so spazzy
After class today I'm waiting across the street from the bus stop under a nice shade tree. You can see the bus coming from far enough away to cross the street....If you are not reading and forget to watch for the bus. So I shove my stuff in my bag and run to get on. When I get off the buss I notice I don't have my phone. Ugh, Ugh, and Ugh. I know it was in my pocket when I left the building. So it's either under the tree or on the bus. I can't call the kids who are expecting me home soon so I walk home, and ask them if they want to go with me to look for it. It's probably under the tree and then we can check out the pendulum and play in the courtyard on campus. So they get ready real fast and back to the bus stop. The bus driver has to tell Steve not to swing on the pole. I am embarrassed because of course he's thinking why did I let my son do that. And I want to say, "Thanks, when I say that he thinks I'm treating him like a baby." We get to campus and my phone is not under the tree. Did some one find it and pick it up or is it on the bus? I decide to take the kids to look at the pendulum even though I am still phone-less. After all we're already here. We like the pendulum, the stuffed hyena, and the bison head. Next is ice cream, even though the kids admit they never ate lunch. We take it outside by the fountain to eat. Steve loved that you could walk across the fountian like walking on stones to get across a stream. Then we ride the bus to the transit center and the lady in the booth says she doesn't have anything in the lost and found. I say I want to wait and check the bus when it stops there again. She looks on a schedule to make a guess when that buss will be at the transit center again. Her estimate is another 40 minutes. Hm...I decide to ride home with the kids and come back in the car. If I had my PHONE I could call Barry, who is probably home from work now, and ask him to come get us. Oh wait..if I had my phone we wouldn't be here! So we get on the 830 but we get on the south bound bus. Now we are going the opposite direction of home. If we just stay on this bus will we get back to the transit center before the bus with my phone is due? Probably not. Get off the bus, walk across the street, wait for the northbound bus and ride to the transit center. Now wait, and wait. Finally the 830 north and south arrive. Kids please don't follow me just wait...or whatever. The south bound driver looks familiar. I ask if she's found a phone and am so relieved when her response is what color is it. "PINK" "Is this it? I was just about to turn it in." I think I'm going to cry from relief. The kids did follow me on the bus and are blocking the way of a line of people waiting to board so we walk to the back exit to get off. I indicate to the kids that we want to get on the 830 north and they tear across the waiting plaza and board. I'm exhausted so I call Barry (on my newly found PINK phone) and ask him to pick us up at the stop near our house. Now, why couldn't I just take the phone with me the first time. 






3 comments:
I am so glad you found your phone! I hate losing my phone. You are so lucky the lady still had it!
So lucky.
I've been meaning to tell you (and Emily) how much we loved her letter about her D.C. trip. That was so thoughtful of her to think to give that to us. It sounded like she had a BLAST and learned A TON. What a smart cookie you've got. Three of them, actually. :)
Post a Comment