So I went to the relief society Christmas party. It was lots of fun. We have a really cute ward. Anyway, I got on line to tell you about my funny friend Kellie. I love her. She's so vibrant and fun. Tonight everyone was visiting and she says, "I love our church, I do, but don't you think sacrament meeting would be more interesting if we all clapped and shouted. I would always be, like, 'Amen, Brother, Amen!'"
But the real reason I love her is when ever I teach relief society she says, "Oh, I'm so glad I'm here today! I love your lessons!" AND she always tells me how smart and cute and funny my children are. Want a mother to love you forever?....Adore her children. She's Steven's den leader, so when she saw me she said, "Oh I have to tell you how cute Steve is, At scouts we were talking about......and Steve said.....He was so......"
Then she told every one else how cute my kids are. My kids are pretty awesome, but to show the opposite side I told her that in the last week Steven has threatened Sam with a hammer; Emily pushed Steve off the curb at a semi-busy intersection; Emily went to school but not to class- She spent an hour and a half in the bathroom before she got bored and went to class (but she's no good at lying--when we got home she told me); and today Sam called after school to ask to go to a friend's. When I said no she said, "Fine. Whatever." (imagine a really snotty 13 year old voice)Then she hung up on me. Oh and I forgot, Steve and Emily couldn't agree on who's responsibility it was to put the bag of chicken nuggets back in the freezer, after they had used it to make their lunch for school, and they left it sitting on the COUCH all day.
So here is the story Kellie told me about Sammie: A few weeks ago Sammie went with Kellie, Rich and the cub scouts to pick up food donations for the food bank. They drove around the neighborhood. When they were done Kellie put her baby in the front seat to drive to the next street. Sam asked her if she thought it was a good idea. Kellie told her it was only the next street and she thought it would be okay. Sam said, "Oh, okay," and Kellie closed the door. When she got home Rich told her that Sammie had then asked him, "Do you agree with Kellie that its okay for the baby to ride in the front seat?" He said, "No, but if that's what Kellie said.." And Sam asked him, "Well aren't you the head of the family?"
So, you can view kellie's blogg at http://richandkellie.blogspot.com/
Differentiation Reading Response
16 years ago



1 comment:
your kids ARE hilarious!!! and I LOVE that story about the baby in the car. LOVE IT:)
Post a Comment