Monday, December 22, 2008

Mornings

usually our mornings go something like this:
5:30 Steve gets up (who knows what he does...)
5:45 Emma joins him
6:00 (or 6:15) Rebecka gets up, tells Sammie to get up, tells Emma and Steve to get dressed and eat, gets dressed, fixes hair, does makeup etc.
6:15, & 6:30 tells Sam to get up
At this point we have varying degrees of getting ready, playing, and fighting
7:30 Sam is ready to leave, I ask her to please wait a few more min so the crossing gaurd will be out when she crosses near the elementary school.
7:45 (or 8:00) Rebecka, Steve, Emma leave
At this time Sam should call to tell me that she made it to school all right, but since she lost her phone (That's right, she carelessly LOST the phone I bought her and paid for minutes on) she doesn't so I just have to hope that she's at school and not shoved in the trunk of some crazies car.
7:55 Rebecka remembers to ask Steve if he has his lunch, if he says no we stop at Maverick and buy an outrageously priced breakfast sandwich for him to nuke at lunch time.
8:05 Rebecka leaves the kids at school, gets on the bus and breathes a sigh of relief.
Barry gets off work early enough to pick everyone up except on Fridays when Emma and Steve get out of school at 12:30. Sometimes I take him to work so that I can pick them up. Sometimes I walk to pick them up and we ride the bus home, or at least closer to home.

I'm relived that the charter school they attend is finally set up to provide free and reduced lunch. Starting after Christmas break that's one less thing to worry about in the mornings.

Here are some photos of them on the bus one Friday afternoon.

No comments: