When I got up this morning Emily was already dressed in her school jumper. It was very cold today so I told her she might want to wear pants. She said she would but that she wanted to wear the skirt in honor of the day. She got up at five thirty to hear the election results. Several weeks ago I bought two decorative trees at a thrift store. When I brought them home the kids said, "Wow! Can we leave them out all the time and decorate them for different holidays?" I didn't care so they made spiders and ghosts for the "Halloween Tree." By the time I got up Emily had decorated one of the trees with Obama's picture, cut from a newspaper several days ago. She added victory banners and voila. She was also cooking pancakes to celebrate. She had cooked two when I heard, "Mom, Help!" I ran downstairs through the smoke to find the pan full of very hot oil and a melting spatula. We opened up the windows even though it was very cold out side. Then she said, "Can we rent some political movies and have a party tonight?" I never got clarification as to what constitutes a "political movie."



2 comments:
That is too funny! I love the Obama Tree pictures. :-D
Who Hooooo!!! GO OBAMA!!!!!! The day after the election I awoke to a beautiful sunny and warm day, and it felt like the world was smiling!!!!! I think it is wonderful that you are so interested in the political process, and what an historical election and day.
Post a Comment