Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Steven's Castle


Steven's class is finishing a unit on medival times.
They were supposed to build a castle out of anything they wanted. Steven wanted to build his out of Legos, but he didn't think he had enough for how big he was hoping to make is. You can see he made it out of card board, which he hot glued himself and then painted. I forgot to take a photo of the finished castle before it went to school. If it comes home intact I'll add one later. We walked to school today, even though Steve was carrying his castle and I was carrying the classroom set of bells (thanks Mom and Dad :) for a music activity. I thought about taking Barry to work but it just adds so many miles on the car. We made it almost all the way before we had any difficulty. We were crossing the last intersection, right by the school at 400 S and state, when the castle just jumped out of his hands. All three of us were on our hands and knees, in the middle of the intersection picking up the Lego men that had escaped from the castle. We managed to pick them all up and finish crossing before the light changed. Luckily it is a long walk signal there, and the castle was not damaged.

No comments: